For new mothers who just got married and are newly married. Wondering if you’re about to become pregnant? So how do we know that what we think is true? Before going to the doctor New mothers can know basic information first. Through the use of a device called “Pregnancy test” , which nowadays pregnancy tests are widely available at pharmacists. If you want to be sure, Health recommends that you should see a doctor, which is probably the best solution. Will continue to follow up and take care of the mother’s pregnancy. But if you want to know the good news first, I don’t mind. Mothers can do it using this tool. Therefore, in order to use it correctly and get to know the pregnancy test better. Because there are many forms in the market. We therefore have some interesting information to share.
Home pregnancy test tool
Pregnancy test or pregnancy test kit It is a device that helps in performing a pregnancy test yourself. It is a test to find the hormone HCG (Human chorionic gonadotropin) in the mother’s urine. This hormone is secreted from the placenta and begins to be produced approximately 6 days after fertilization and will peak at 8 – 12 weeks. Self-detection using this pregnancy test will be accurate. Up to 90 percent, and will be even more accurate in cases where menstruation has been missed for 10 – 14 days or more.
Normally, a pregnancy test kit will have all the equipment included. But there will be 3 formats as follows..
Pregnancy test type 1, dip strip type
This first type is called a dip strip or Test Strip. The test set will consist of pregnancy test strips (pregnancy test strip) and urine measuring cup (May or may not exist)
How to use it Let us collect the urine into a measuring cup. Then take the pregnancy test strip with the arrow pointing down and dip it into the urine. Wait 3 seconds but be careful not to urinate beyond the mark on the strip. or higher than the line of the arrow in the test card. After 3 seconds, remove the test card from the urine. and hold it horizontally (We recommend placing it on a completely dry surface only.) Wait 1 – 5 minutes to read your pregnancy results. It’s best to wait 5 minutes to make sure the test is showing accurate results.
The advantage of this type 1 pregnancy test is that it is cheap, but you must be careful not to urinate above the specified limit. Because it will cause the test card to deteriorate.
Pregnancy test type 2, cartridge type or drip type
The second type is called the cassette or drip type (Pregnancy Test Cassette), consisting of a pregnancy test cassette, urine measuring cup. and a dropper for sucking up urine.
How to use Collect the urine into a measuring cup. Then use the dropper to suck in an appropriate amount of urine. Then place 3 – 4 drops of urine onto the test cassette and place it on a level surface. Once done, leave it for about 5 minutes before reading the สมัคร ufabet test results.
The advantage of using this second type of pregnancy test, when it is a test strip, is that it reduces the chance of the test strip deteriorating from absorbing urine from the test kit.
Pregnancy test type 3, urine type
This third type is called Urine test or Pregnancy Midstream Tests. In the set there is only a pregnancy test stick.
How to use: Remove the cover and hold the test stick with the arrow head pointing down. Then urinate through the urine-absorbing area, which will be below the arrow. Pass urine until soaked for about 5 minutes, then hold it. Or place the pregnancy test stick flat. Wait to read the results from approximately 30 seconds onwards. for certainty It is recommended that you wait about 3 – 5 minutes for the most obvious results to be seen.
The advantage of using this type of test is that it is more convenient to use than the previous two types because there is no need to measure urine and wait in a cup. Therefore helping to reduce testing steps. But its disadvantage lies in the higher price than the first two types.
Reading the pregnancy test results
Usually, the box of a pregnancy test has instructions on how to use it and how to read the results. Along with attached sample pictures. Most of the time, accurate results must be read within 5 minutes. If left longer than that, it may cause another line to appear. and may not use pregnancy Or it is a value that is no longer reliable. Line C is Control Line . Line T is Test Line. Details of the inspection are as follows.
- After testing, 1 line came up , with the line only showing C. The results mean that she is probably not pregnant, meaning she is not pregnant, or she may be pregnant but has not yet been detected.
- After testing, there are 2 lines or 2 faint lines. The lines will be at C and T, which means the result is positive , which means there is likely to be a pregnancy. If the line shows a faint T, it is recommended that you wait another 2 – 3 days and check again. And using it as a new brand test kit would be very good.
- I checked and no color bars appeared. Or not a single line or 1 line on the letter T means the value cannot be read . It means ‘the pregnancy test kit is damaged’. There may have been an error in the production process, improper storage, or use of old urine. or the test kit has expired If the test results do not show a single line, it means that the test was not valid. Will have to check again.
When can you take a pregnancy test?
Normally, if you want to check whether you are pregnant or not, you should wait at least 7 days before your menstrual period has passed because sometimes stress or anxiety causes It can cause your period to come later than usual. If you wait 7 days and get a positive result, it means you are pregnant. But if it gives a negative result , it means you may not be sure if you are pregnant or not. If 7 days have passed My period still hasn’t come after the first test. Let it be checked again. If the result is still negative, it means you are not pregnant. But it is still not confirmed that it is completely correct if menstruation still hasn’t come in another cycle after 7 days have passed and there is still concern. It is recommended to see a doctor.
Instructions for using a home pregnancy test
- Read the instructions and understand them carefully before using the pregnancy test. Including following the instructions for use. strictly
- Self-pregnancy test It is only a preliminary pregnancy test. The best way is to go get checked by a doctor to confirm the pregnancy results. With clinical diagnosis and medical laboratories it is probably best.
- A single pregnancy test is not considered sufficient to confirm preliminary results. This is because HCG levels in pregnant women vary widely. The second pregnancy test approximately 2 – 3 days later will provide more reliable and certain results. Because sometimes in the first period of pregnancy The hormone that the body is producing is lower than the sensitivity level of the pregnancy test (less than 20 mIU/ml.), causing the first test to not reveal pregnancy.
- Urine test It is recommended that urine should be used after waking up in the morning for the best results. However, this does not mean that urine from another time will have bad results. The most important thing is to use fresh urine. Or is it just new urine?
- Once purchased, the pregnancy test can be stored at normal room temperature not exceeding 30 degrees. Keep away from sunlight and humidity.
- Once you tear the pregnancy test envelope, you must use it immediately. So you will get accurate results. But if you tear it off and still haven’t used it, you can keep it for no more than 1 hour because if the pregnancy test gets wet, it will reduce its effectiveness. It may also cause the results to be incorrectly displayed.
- When repeating the test for the second time, there should be a gap of at least 2 – 3 days from the first test.